Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Production Class

Last week was Abigail's production class. I was looking really forward to this class as we had not done production before - and me wanting to be a producer, I was eager to know what it was all about.

First we looked at what a producer does in a whole and i had a fair idea of what the producer roughly does. But was interesting to know what other things they take care of too, and how many different types of people there is in a production team.
We then started looking at pre-production steps. I think this is going to really help the class when we are going into production into our films as she went through every point very clearly, and now I definitely have a clear understanding on how to produce a film hopefully.
After pre-production there is not that much left to do as a producer apart from fill in other paper work etc, and same with post production.

I loved breaking down the script - and never realised this was part of a job as the producer. Think of must of been the highlighters that got me excited!! Ha Me, Meg and Chris split into a group - and were the first people finished, so thought we hadn't done it properly, but we went back over it and only missed a few things out so we were quite glad. Then we had to do a shooting schedule which was also good fun, it was quite hard at times as you didn't know what shoot to choose between but we got there in the end and I think we managed to come up with a good shooting schedule.

There is quite a lot of maths involved in the budgeting side of things - but call me a geek - i quite enjoyed maths in school, I wouldn't say I was great at it, but I fair enjoyed it. So I don't think I would mind doing the budget and think it would be quite an achievement once you finally did it all.

I really enjoyed Abigail's classes and I felt they went by so quickly and wish we could get more of them. I missed her last class which I was pretty gutted about - but I am glad her notes are on moodle as i am very interested to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment