Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Corrie

Well, I can safely say I am not a corrie fan!!
I really hated every moment of it, and i am normally quite good at just flicking through channels and getting in grossed in something i have never watched, but i wanted to switch it off as soon as i put it on!
They just seemed to spend the whole time drinking in the pub? So the first impression i got of them all as that they were quite "tinky" and never really seemed to be working or anything.
I just never related to the program at all, and there are no younger people in at all really.. which is probably why the younger viewers are more likely to not be watching it.
The storyline i felt was quite boring as well.. I just never really understood half of what was going on, even though i did pick it up towards the end. But by not knowing any of the characters relationships etc i really did not want to watch it.
I dont watch any soaps at all, just because i really don't have the time to sit and watch a program almost every day of my life, i would rather watch series of programs so you can get a break from them so you get excited for them coming on again, instead of watching it constantly.
I felt the conversations they had in the program was much more realistic than say.. 90210, as they are less dramatised and less "hollywood".
I just can't really see how people can watch this the whole time, it really does not appeal to me at all and is something i am glad i don't watch. I mean i would watch it.. but thats if the only thing on the tv was Corrie, but if it came down to watching an old episode of friends i have seen a thousand times, or corrie? I would pick Friends EVERY time!
I do understand how older people watch it - as it mostly about old people - but also because they relate to it, and is almost like their family.
But to round it up, Corrie is very well done - but just is not my cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment