Friday, January 29, 2010

Its Complicated

I really enjoyed this film. Even though it was two hours long, I didn't feel it really dragged on at all - even for a romantic comedy. I loved how the story was about 2 older characters for a change instead of the usual "Jennifer Anniston" age (even though i do really like her!!) This also inspired me to make my program idea for Adam about older characters, as it gives you a different story, so i am very glad i went and saw the film when i did.
I thought it was quite a fresh new idea and felt the storyline kept you gripped all the way through.
The story was about a women who has been divorsed for 10 years and starts having an affair with him again - even though he has a new wife. And then when that goes pear shaped she starts seeing another man even though her ex husband is still trying to get her back.
I loved the fact that you were pretty much choosing who you wanted her to end up with half way through the film and just hoping it was going to end up the way you wanted it to. And you never found out until the last moment as well, which i thought was a nice ending.
There was many laugh out moments through the film which added more humour than i thought there was going to be in it. I especially thought the bedroom scene was the funniest part of the film as you could feel the whole audience cringing and hoping it wasn't going to happen.
So all in all, i really loved this film, i thought it was a bit of fun to watch, and really loved older people being in the romantic comedy genre and gave it a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment