Thursday, October 22, 2009

Couples Retreat

Went to see this at the cinema the other day without any expectations at all really cause I had only seen a few trailers. I said to Meg as soon as I got into the cinema.. " this film is either going to be really good or really rubbish!!" But, unlike some people ha, i really did enjoy it! Was just such a light hearted comedy with some really good funny parts!
Within the first 2 minutes of the film the whole cinema was laughing, and this happened all the way through the film.
It was all about 4 couples who went to paradise island to make their relationships stronger. But they never realised they would be getting up at 6 AM... to go to work on couple skill building.
I think all the characters played really good parts within the film with all their relationships being completely different but all being friends. Also i think it worked good with this many main characters as you never got sick of seeing one couple as it was spread out over the whole film.
My favourite characters were the big black man "cant mind his name" and his 2 week old girlfriend. His girlfriend was only 20 so just wanted to do everything and anything all the time but he just couldn't keep up, so ended up giving up on her and she went over to the "singles" part of the island.
I liked it how we saw all the counseling sessions and I definitely could relate to some of the stupid arguments!!
I loved it how when they went over to the singles island they all realised how much they loved each other and how the big black man ended up meeting his ex-wife and them getting back together.
I did like this film as there was so many laughs in it and I think it has to be one of the best comedies I have seen in a while.

:)

1 comment: